People visiting Micklefield for the first time often comment on the warm, inviting atmosphere they sense when walking around the school and the lovely interactions they witness between the children and staff.
Here is why we believe Micklefield is special:
- Micklefield family: We are a family school, our children’s safety, happiness and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do. Our whole school community is built on a strong partnership approach between our staff, children and parents.
- Outstanding results: For a small, non-selective school we achieve outstanding academic results. We have close relationships with all the local independent senior schools and our children are consistently awarded a high number of places and scholarships.
- We make learning fun! Our staff are passionate, knowledgeable and inspiring but most importantly they make learning exciting and fun! We provide a challenging curriculum that sparks critical thinking and problem-solving with plenty of opportunities to take learning outdoors.
- Small Class Sizes: Our class sizes are small, with an absolute maximum of 20 children. This reinforces the sense of community within the school enabling strong relationships and child-centred learning.
- Looking to the future: We believe it is vitally important to innovate and invest in IT to keep pace with technological advancements, all our children have access to iPads from Reception age whilst Year 5 and 6 children are assigned their own iPad. We ensure there is a balanced approach to IT which is integrated throughout the curriculum to prepare our children for the future world they will be growing up in.
- An inclusive and inspiring atmosphere: Our combination of passionate teachers, engaged children and a supportive community creates an environment where the children feel encouraged to take risks, think creatively, and pursue their dreams. Our aim is for every child to leave Micklefield, happy, confident and future ready!
"Small, inclusive and a strong family vibe, this prep school is a great option for those who believe values are as important as academics" Muddy Stilettos